Looking for a new, quick-and-easy breakfast favorite? Try making these ginger apple muffins. In addition to tasting great, these arthritis-friendly muffins contain ginger—a powerful medicinal spice and anti-inflammatory agent, which has been proven to help soothe arthritis pain!
Ginger Apple Muffins
- 2 cups shredded apple
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup milk (unsweetened almond milk works well if you’re a fan of it.)
- ½ cup ripe banana (mashed)
- ½ tablespoon orange juice (fresh-squeezed if available)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped candied (crystallized) ginger
- Using a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- Next, in a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients: the milk, shredded apple, mashed banana, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, and crystallized/candied ginger.
- Then, stir in the flour mixture until both mixtures are evenly incorporated.
- Next, lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and fill each cup 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked all the way through.